Thursday, June 9, 2016

Livng Life to the Fullest

Who wouldn’t want to do that, right?  Yet I’m learning that in order to have a full life, I have to give it away! And perhaps like you, that concept triggers my human flesh to recoil and hide!  The Christian in me intellectually knows that “Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for [Christ’s] sake will find it” (Matt 10:39).  But I’ve been challenged over the past few months to know that experientially, to give God a full “yes.”


By the way, this is AFTER I’d given up a job that I loved and telling family and friends who I love that I’m leaving my hometown to go into missions full time.  Are you wondering what else there is to give?  Because I kind of felt like I already had.  And while I’m a language teacher, there is a math lesson to learn here!  100% is everything, all, absolute. It is not less than 100%.  Intentions don’t qualify. To be more thorough, geographical location and career do not equal 100%!


Romans 12:1 (translated from French Parole de Vie) says “Christian brothers and sisters, God is full of goodness for us. So I ask this of you: offer Him your person and your life. This is the sacrifice reserved for God and what pleases Him. This is the true act of worship that you should give Him. Don't follow the customs of the world where we live, but let God transform you by giving you a new way to think. That way, you will be able to know what He wants: what is good, what pleases Him, what is perfect.”

I”m considering that my whole person includes weaknesses as well as strengths and that my whole life reaches into my dreams and potential.  If that’s the case, I need to truly surrender more than my goals, resources, and plans.  I must go further and submit to God’s command to not fear because those fears are keeping me from this full life He has for me!   And so I’ve been--a bit nervously at times--asking God to reveal those areas I haven’t given over.  It’s a process and I dare say an adventure!   I haven’t arrived, but it’s super exciting even at the possibility to live more!  To not be inhibited or held back to do what I was created for.


I repeat my initial question: who wouldn't want this? Will you say “yes” to a full life?

No comments:

Post a Comment