Thursday, November 10, 2016

Farewell, Fiji Friends!




Fijian Farewell Song to Internationals 

Coming to Fiji these 6 weeks was a challenge.  At the beginning of September, I needed to sell my condo, raise support, and try to get to Switzerland as soon as possible.  Not only did God provide, protect, and bless the sale of the condo--which closed while I was here--but He also had people approaching me who want to partner with me financially before my support account had even opened--which also happened while I was here.  While I still have a long way to go with that, I actually have a goal of leaving early January.

    See the rainbow? Two days in a row!

The Leadership Development Training has been a very significant step to prepare me for my upcoming role.  The content has given me a better understanding of the structure and tools within the ministry.  The workshops brought fresh encouragement as we were able to share and train locals with the Gospel while also learning different styles and techniques from others.  The atmosphere including time set apart for personal and corporate prayer, Word, and worship has nurtured my relationship with God and been conducive to hearing from Him.  The unity of worshiping, living, and learning among a variety of diverse cultures and denominations has enriched the experience not just personally, but also because it is a tangible expression of EE’s vision of “every nation equipping every people group and every age group to witness to every person.”

    Group at Graduation With Certificates

Planning and goal-setting can theoretically be done anywhere in the world, but my experience here where all of these conditions that I mentioned co-exist has been ideal for the Holy Spirit to inspire me and shape the process in a way I’m not sure could’ve happened at a desk or coffee shop back in my busy hometown--at least not in the same way.

          Sunrise from Training Center

As we conclude the final week here, I feel strengthened in vision, affirmed in the call, and prepared to take the next step: to move to Switzerland and join the team in Europe to carry out God’s command and EE’s mission: to glorify God by equipping believers to multiply in and through local churches in Europe "and surrounding areas"--for friendship, evangelism, discipleship, and healthy growth.”