Friday, August 24, 2018

From One Adventure to the Next

Clearly by my blog's title, adventure is a part of my life, right?  I wonder  what you think of when you hear that word.  Excitement?  Intrigue?  Exotic places?  Unforgettable experiences?  

With the exception of a three-week period, then a 5-week period--both in the first half of the year--I haven't been in the same location for more than one week at a time this past year!  I wouldn't be completely honest if I didn't say that it's not tiring at times; but that's how it's been...and it seems will continue to be as I keep up the pattern, at least over the next month.  

But I'm not complaining.  After all, it's part of the adventure, which if I can give my two cents' worth, is code for unknown, risk, and sometimes (perceived or real) danger.  And did I mention unknown?  Hence I try to focus on the above characteristics, which are equally present.  

For me, it's not that my personality is conducive to so much unsettled, un-planned spontaneity or flexibility.  (I'm a super strong J on the Meyer's Briggs Inventory, ha!).  Yet I find that following the Lord and His plans are worth the discomfort and stretching of my personal temperament; and that I can even yield that to Him...though it seems to be a life-long process.

Sometimes I wonder if this training in transiency has a greater purpose.  Time will tell, but as Christians we are called to live with a temporary mindset while on earth, to not get too comfortable here.  If nothing more, I can see how my not settling in one spot helps me with this.  That and this Swiss weather, which went from very warm to quite cool within a matter of minutes.  😜