Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Much to Be Thankful For

Things have started picking up as far as support goes.  I have a long ways to go, but I'm a "glass is half full" type. :).  I was so encouraged at a party a friend hosted a couple of weekends ago.  There was a nice turnout with 4 out-of-town friends who came and some others I don't get to see too often!  I was regretting having taken on making a Boba tea station for everyone to make their own as it gave me a lot of extra things to do on a very busy weekend.  Then again, it was so fun to introduce a room-full of people to an Asian beverage which has hit the streets of Charleston the past couple of years.  Another fun thing is that since even friends don't know my exact location, I can get away with representing different countries with my attire or snacks. :)

As far as the presentation part, I guess it's the teacher in me, but I really do like sharing with others.  There's so much I have to learn myself, but I focused on unreached people groups, the Anglican Diocese of Singapore (which is the Diocese I will be a member of), as well as some of the personal challenges I'm either going through or expect to.  I always like sharing, but to be surrounded by friends who have known me for quite a while was extra special.

I was also encouraged that a couple of friends at the party have offered to host another party for me, one of which we're in the thick of planning. :).  In the meantime, I've had a couple of donors increase and/or double their giving and several unexpected donors.  I am so grateful for the various ways that our God provides.  I've also been invited to a women's prayer retreat in March for them to pray for me during their Prayer for the Nations.  Just wanted to take the time to celebrate and thank God for His answered prayer, provision, and blessing and many ways that He's at work!  Thank you for praying!