Monday, December 31, 2018

But Worth It!

I started to just comment on my post entitled "Not So Easy," but decided this is worth a post all of its own.  I mentioned how my bags' zippers were cut off, and I really wasn't looking forward to contacting the airlines.  Well, as if the Lord hadn't been gracious enough already, He outdid Himself.  

In case you've never filed a claim, they ask for a lot of obscure info that I just happened to have all available.  When I called, the two ladies I spoke with basically warned me that they don't cover zippers, which sometimes hit the conveyer belt and break off.  Not looking good, but I would do my part.  As I was on the phone with the second lady, who'd already told me to expect at least a week delay because of the holidays, she surprised me when she told me that she would actually take on my case herself and to email her my photos rather than having to return all the way to the airport.  By the time we were off the phone, she had issued a check in the mail for me, which I received last week!  

Then I was visiting my sister for Christmas and saw that luggage was 60% off at Belk.  I was lured by the tiny French flag on a brand called Delsey, which I'd never heard of before.  A French lady happened to be there and gave a good review.  I would wait till back in Charleston where I had a Belk  gift card and store credit.   Saturday I ventured to Belk and after an hour of pros and cons (unfortunately there was no luggage with all my criteria, and I didn't end up with Delsey), I did find one with my one non-negotiable: the feature that slides the zippers into some grooves to protect them from destruction.  Originally $340, I paid nothing when you factor in the discounts, the gift card, store credit, and reimbursement I got.  Isn't that amazing?  Worth over 5 times my other bag!  Hope the quality is reflective of the price. :).  And thank you, Lord, for this blessing!