Monday, December 10, 2018

Last Couple of Weeks in Switzerland for 2018

The last couple of weeks have been quite full.  As soon as I returned from France, we had a family from our new Albanian team in town.  I always write this, but how wonderful it is to get to physically be with our team!  It was just a joy to get to know them better.  It was also a privilege to help them get around Zurich, attend church together Sunday, and babysit so they could attend a meeting with Helmut Monday morning. 

With our Albanian friends and colleagues in Zurich
 

Then back to several meetings, cleaning/packing, and lots of goodbyes.  I have to say that my last week in Switzerland was my most social one yet.  It's been helpful to be here longer (3 months rather than the 2 5-week periods last fall and spring) to meet more people and connect with those I've met before on a deeper level.  I'm really grateful for all those the Lord has blessed me with here in the Zurich area.
At one of Zurich's 3 Christmas markets with Gabriela, who I met in 2016.
It's amazing that we communicate as her first language is Romanian, but we manage by mixing all of our languages, ha!

  Finally, I even got to go back to France!  A few from the Swiss team wanted to take me to a couple of Christmas markets in Alsace before I left for the States.  I'm so spoiled!

Colmar, France at Christmas time (well, Advent)!