Saturday, March 9, 2019

Bonjour de Lux!


How do I sum up the last week since my arrival to this quaint, rustic town in Burgundy?   Getting here was full of adventure and the Lord's hand.   Upon my arrival at the gate in Charleston, I was immediately told I'd miss my connecting flight in Dulles because of the delayed flight out of Charleston.  The man at the desk did a lot of typing, tore my tickets, and informed me he'd re-routed me through Chicago; and my bags were going with me.  I'd arrive at 11:00 instead of 7:55 AM.  Oh and on Swiss Air rather than United.  In case you're not aware, that's a major upgrade. 😉 I was in awe as this was clearly the Lord and nothing I could do!  In Chicago, I had to run the whole way and made it in time for final boarding. There were more stories, but I arrived safely and soundly by the grace of God.

Room with a View :)

My boss and his wife picked me up from the Zurich Airport, which has become very familiar to me, and drove me to France!  When we arrived, it was so good to be back, and I immediately felt at home.  Sara greeted us, showed us to our rooms, and gave us a tour.  That evening I took Helmut and Christine to eat at a restaurant of their choice.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn of a part of town I didn't know of.  Very beautiful!


Bridge in Chalon sur Saône
 (literally the town of Chalon is on the Saône River)

Chalon sur Saône 
The next morning Helmut and Christine left after breakfast, and I attended church where I was warmly welcomed.  We had a nice meal together, then went hiking in the surrounding area where you could see the fields of vineyards everywhere!



Hiking in Burgundy

My second night was my first bêtise (dumb thing), at least that I'm aware of!  I was awakened about an hour after I'd gone to bed to inform me that  my running toilet which was going to dry up the well!  We can get city water, but it is expensive.  I had trouble sleeping after that news, but had a dream that put me at ease.  

It's very much community living here.  We eat lunch together as well as other meals when guests are here like this weekend.  I've attended three prayer meetings--two for staff and one for the church, which is also on site.  

I was able to get Internet for my room yesterday, so it's been a lot of shuffling around earlier in the week for my various Skype and Zoom meetings, emails, and What's App calls.  

Overall, it's been a lot of adjusting, but very good.  So very much to be thankful for.  In fact, I think all of us do always and was reminded of this in Psalm 136 earlier in the week.  Thank you, Lord, for you are good!  Yes, your love is for forever!

Thank the Lord, for He is good!  Yes, His love is forever!   Thank the Lord, the greatest of all gods!  Yes, His love is forever!  Thank the Lord, the most powerful of all masters!  Yes, His love is forever!  Psalm 136, 1-3 PDV translated