Friday, March 29, 2019

Breakfast at La P.O.

It's taken me almost a week to write!  The weekends have been super busy here, and Mondays come quickly.  I wanted to share about last Saturday morning's women's breakfast.  The church here has started having women's events.  Not only has there been a great response, but the men are wanting to start something now!  :)

Entre les Français et le pain, une histoire d’amour
Okay, not from our breakfast, but I needed a pick. :) (iu)

A group of ladies gathered around a table with all types of breads and pastries to discuss a book they've been reading on our new identity in Christ.  I loved hearing the different women share how God has been speaking into their lives, particularly who they are in Christ.

My favourite part of the morning was when we divided into four groups of 4-5 to pray.  The lady who had sat next to me had been invited by a colleague.  It was her first time like mine.  Her questions revealed that she was uncomfortable to pray out loud.  Even though she's Catholic, she doesn't have a Bible and had some questions.  She decided she'd go last and follow our lead on the prayer.

She ended up praying for me, and it was very pertinent and touching.  I was impressed with how a couple of the younger women were able to clearly and accurately share their faith.  

After we all said our goodbyes, she started asking me about my own conversion, and I was able to share how I started to have a hunger to read the Bible.  That even though I'd always known that Jesus was the Savior of the world, I didn't really understand my own personal need for a Savior because I was pretty good, though of course not perfect.  When I understood that God was holy and no matter how good I was, I couldn't be in His presence, that communicated my own need for a Savior.

She said she was going to think more about that.  We exchanged numbers, and I do hope to get together with her soon "to explore the region" as she put it.  Please pray for this beautiful woman with many questions, that they would lead her to the One who Himself is the answer.  Please continue to pray for all of these women--and the men--to encourage one another in their faith.

Note: la P.O. stands for la Porte Ouverte, the name of the centre here.