Friday, April 19, 2019

To Holland and Back

Tuesday I returned back to France after spending over a week in Holland at a conference.  There were over 600 people from 78 countries and 210 organisations represented!  For someone who doesn't like the nonstop flood of information and activities inherent to conferences, this stretched me.  I wish I had had time to write posts throughout the week as there were many stories to share, but I was just thankful to make it through the intensity in good health, praise God!

I didn't get to sightsee or visit any of the renowned Keukenhof,
but here are some tulips from the flowerbed where we stayed. :)

I was also thankful to just be there.  I had been dealing with fatigue as I left France and arrived in Holland, but that felt like nothing when I heard the stories of other attendees who never made it to the conference.  There were many whose Visas were denied, and the two plenary speakers had to cancel at the last minute, one because of the loss of his wife the week before; the other diagnosed with a fatal disease about the same time.  Wow.  It made me consider how special it was to be there.

The hilight for me was all the people I met and connections I made.  The Weavers training (an EE tool that focuses on weaving Gospel conversations into normal conversations) was the reason I went and very valuable.  It was so rich to have a variety of languages and cultures represented as we learned from each other.

Group who completed the Weavers Training
That's all I can really share about the conference on this platform, but it was a rich time, not just by the diversity of cultures and languages represented, but also the gifts and talents that each one brought.  The man who put it together left us with a very powerful challenge: "No one is able to do as well as you are at what God has asked you to do.  Do it."