Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Ze Rencontre

Sometimes I wonder what I've gotten myself into.  I had that thought/feeling as Friday approached last week, the day Ze Rencontre would begin.  It's a play on words (Ze="the" with a French pronunciation 😂 encounter).  A nonstop weekend with 2,000 French youth is a major stretch already, but following 8 days of conferences in Holland and the extras in between?  

But what a weekend it was!  I actually missed Friday's service because of a mixup in the transportation, which I counted as a blessing in disguise since it got me to bed much earlier than I would've otherwise.  I met the group who was staying in the same town as me early Saturday morning, and we rode in, not returning till 11:30 or so.  That was a long day.  I took a break Sunday afternoon to celebrate Easter with my friend's family after the morning service, but participated that evening.  

So much I could write, but I was so honoured to be among this group of French youth praising God, being fed the Word in a direct, powerful way.  I was thankful to join the prayers of those who were being moved and worked on to go deeper, to be set free, to step into the life that Jesus offers them.



I was impressed with the organization.  Both afternoons offered a variety of activities: 7 or so sports, 4-5 outreach opportunities, and about 20 workshops on everything from the occult to science and faith to authority and submission and so on.

As I rode back to Lux in one of two full cars, we talked for the entire 2.5-3 hours of how everyone was encouraged or inspired and of possible ways to take action.  The first fruit, at least as a group, has already happened: a small group of us met to pray and fast last night.  It was a rich time.  Thank you, Lord!!!!

Please pray for the 2,000 youth/leaders who attended Ze Rencontre to continue to encounter the Lord and to walk in His Spirit and for us at the P.O. de Lux to continue to do the same as we seek His heart for the community here.