Saturday, September 7, 2019

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Can't see the yellow star, but this is Egypt's flag.  Sadly our 5 delegates
did not make it because of their Visa being denied. :(
We had 4 delegates from Finland!
The bottom is actually yellow: Germany! Andreas (ELT)
attended with his wife.
I end this long day full of emotions.  The stress of arranging 250+ departures two days from now has been replaced with more personal sentiments.  Our European team finally met together tonight.  Helmut announced his resignation along with the entire ELT.  He has decided to step down to take care of his father who has cancer, and the ELT agreed to end together.  

It stirred up questions and discussion as well as thank you’s and appreciation.  Goodbyes are not easy, but I’m so grateful to have been able to express my own thanks to this group of men (and one wife who was present).  I sincerely thanked them for their acceptance.  That even though I’m a female, an American, and had very little experience with EE, from the very beginning, I’ve always felt very welcome and like a part of the team.  I’m touched by their heartfelt thanks and as one man who I only met for the first time here put, “a lot of agape from all of the men.”


We had a new board member join us for Great Britain this year.


Middle is yellow: Team Romania had 4 delegates!


Team Switzerland had 2 delegates, plus the 3 ELT members who are Swiss.
The tears are welling, and I’m choking up as I face the facts that this is the end.  How grateful I am for the past three + years serving these nations with the ELT.   It’s been full of challenges at times, but worth any stress or pain along the way.  It's also been full of joy and purpose.  As the EuroMENA nations were announced at last night’s opening ceremony, I felt like a proud mom, grinning as I stood to take a picture of each flag representing each nation.

Yay, Austria!  Walter represented this nation.


Our newest Multiplying Nation: Czech Republic
brought two delegates!
I wish you could meet these leaders whose hearts burn with passion for Jesus and who long to multiply disciples in Europe.  Each one endures much opposition through their dedication and trust in the Lord.  Let’s give thanks and pray for each one.

Middle is yellow: Hungary.

Bottom is yellow.  Ukraine brought two delegates.