Friday, October 27, 2017

What a Week!

Lots of drama and putting out fires.  I started the week talking with my cell phone provider to clear up a lot of unexpected, incorrect charges on my bill.  Then I had to call my credit card company which kept being denied by a certain merchant who lists this company as a valid payment option only to be told I need to contact the merchant directly; so I had to fill out an online form.  And that’s just my personal life.  Work has been much of the same.  We’ve had so many unexpected issues to tackle that we’ve had to put most of our to do list on hold…never good news for someone in a task-oriented position.  Sigh…

But such is life.  And God tells us “ In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him.” (Ecclesiastes 7:14)  Besides there is so much to be thankful for each day especially when we have a God who can turn a mess into something beautiful and a sorrow into something to rejoice over.  That, too, has been the case on a couple of occasions of this stressful week where I, along with others, watched the Lord take a sticky crisis and not only resolve the matter, but in a way where others were blessed; and we all get to see God’s power, might, and love at work in a way in which we otherwise wouldn’t have.


And there have also been several blessings this week like a lovely walk on one of a few gorgeous days of sunshine.  I also got to meet a non-native speaker to study the Bible together yesterday, which makes me so, so happy to blend ESL and Scripture with the beginning of a new friendship—all of which bless my heart.  And last night, I was invited to attend a ladies’ group where we talked about birth order and how it affects how we develop including our personalities and relationships.  It was quite fascinating… and quite humbling as I stumbled through my high German which was never advanced in the first place, but very rusty!  Motivation to üben, üben, üben!  TGIF!